Tick Control Services
Drop us a line today for a free quote!
Tick Control Services in NJ | ECOTECT SCIENTIFIC PEST ELIMINATION
Get Your Tick Control Quote Today
MOSQUITOS- Uninvited Backyard Guests
Warm weather makes us want to shed our coats and spend more time outdoors enjoying the sunshine. The problem is, warmer weather also brings mosquitos. Nothing puts a damper on backyard fun and parties than swarms of mosquitos buzzing our faces and causing insanely itchy welts. Even worse than the irritation of un-invited backyard guests, mosquitos carry dangerous diseases that can spread to humans.
Tick Bites Are Not Always Noticed
Most Lyme Disease causing tick bites come from the smaller "nymph" stage of the black-legged tick. Ticks often attach difficult-to-see areas including the groin, armpits, folds in the skin, and in the scalp. Because of their size and where they like to attach on the body, it is easy for these ticks to go undetected, making it easy for them to stay attached for 36-48 hours and infecting their host.
Lyme Disease Prevention | Controlling Ticks In Your Yard
What Causes Lyme Disease?
Lyme Disease is caused by the bacteria Borrella burgdorferi. This bacteria is carried by common backyard animals, like mice and deer.
How Do We Get Lyme Disease?
After a tick attaches to a human host, it feeds off the blood before detaching once it's full. During this time, bacteria from the gut of the tick are transferred to the human host. The bacteria then progress to the noticibe symtpoms of Lyme Disease.
Do All Ticks Carry Lyme Disease?
For Lyme Disease to exist in an area, three elements must be present in the natural environment: 1) animals that are infected with Lyme disease bacteria, 2) ticks that can transmit the bacteria, and 3) animal hosts (such as mice and deer) that can provide food for the ticks in their various life stages.
Contact ECOTECT SCIENTIFIC For Our Backyard Tick Control Services in NJ—(973) 703-9720
ECOTECT SCIENTIFIC Tick Control Process is designed to target ticks where they are hanging out. During your initial service, your ECOTECT SCIENTIFIC Professional will determine the species of tick or ticks present and identify areas with active tick activity, documenting the severity of the infestation. Our tick control methods are focused on significantly reducing the number of ticks around your yard and eliminating the conditions that support high tick activity. Follow-up inspections and treatments are conducted every season with additional treatments (2-3) over the summer months when ticks are most active.
Tips for Preventing Tick Bites
The best way to avoid tick bites is to stay out of tick-infested areas. Follow these tips when working or walking in areas that may be infested with ticks.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and pants when spending time outdoors. Wearing light colored clothing is also recommended so ticks are easier to detect.
- Tuck the bottom of pants inside socks or tie the legs closed around ankles.
- Wear a hat to help cover your head and hair. Tuck long hair under your hat, to keep fly-away hair from picking up ticks.
- Use tick repellent applied to clothing, particularly the lower body and the arms.
- After spending time outdoors, wash your clothing in warm water and detergent immediately. Never throw potentially infested clothing in a hamper with other clothes or on the floor.
- Protect pets by keeping them out of tick-infested areas and consult your vet or a trusted pet store for tick treatment products.
- Inspect pets carefully after walking in wooded areas and fields.
Since 1998, Ecotect Scientific Pest Elimination has been committed to providing Earth-friendly pest control services. Out goal is to eliminate your pest problem without harming your family or the environment. The combination of our expert technicians and organic products results in a pest free home without the exposure to traditional pesticides.
Address: 8 Hemlock Dr, Sussex NJ
Phone: 1-877-ECOTECT (326-8328)
- Mosquito Control
- Tick Control
- Residential Pest Control
- Pet-Friendly Pest Control
- Earth-Friendly Pest Control